|Can such a precision machine be tuned?|
- Set up the game as normal* but with one faction being the zombies. I'd use good old zombie Black but what ever floats your boat.
- Every turn players play their turn and then take a zombie turn. Players may only attack zombie controlled countries in their regular turn but are free to go after anyone as the zombies.
- In the Zombie turn you add armies for countries controlled as normal** and then make one attack on someone, and then flip two cards - placing two zombie units in each of those countries and then resolving those combats as well.
- In combat, players who loose a combat roll with 1s convert their lost unit(s) to zombie units which immediately rise up to continue the fight.
- You win by being last player standing or the player with the most points (countries and continent bonuses) if the zombies are wiped out.
*Setup should be done by dealing out all the country cards (minus the wild cards) and putting units on the countries you receive - at least for the zombie faction if not for all players. I assumed this since it's always how we played, but it's not in the official rules I had. Once all territories have a unit, then the remaining units are placed as reinforcements in player order. Players should take turns to place a number of reinforcements equal to the number of players and then place a zombie unit until they are all deployed.
** Zombies get reinforcements for the number of countries they control but do not get cards or continent bonuses.